Libertarian Ladies Roundtable – Why So Many White Guys?
I’m the only guy on the show as three lovely libertarian ladies — Kiki, Carrie and Lisa — join me for a wide-ranging discussion about the female perspective on liberty issues and society.
Here’s some of what the ladies and I discuss:
- Why are most libertarians white men?
- How a bad encounter with the State or police can bring a woman to liberty
- Why there aren’t more black men in the liberty movement (and the disconnect that causes many of them to embrace the state)
- What Colin Kaepernick gets about State oppression (and what he still doesn’t understand)
- Why women are the most radical of all libertarians
- The risks that libertarian women face, that men don’t
- How Kiki uses her philosophy of freedom to be a better friend to her girlfriends
- Why a long-time friend is more likely to be a statist than a new friend is
- The arrogance Carrie sometimes sees in libertarian men (and how she handles it)
- Why the ladies couldn’t imagine having a romantic relationship with a statist
- Anarchism without adjectives
- Feminism as a collective ideology vs. individual liberty
- Individualist feminism – why it’s not an oxymoron
- Two unique ways Carrie strikes up conversations with strangers
- A Dead Libertarian you’ve probably never heard of (but you need to know about)
- And much more!
Essays by Voltairine de Cleyre
Voltairine de Cleyre on YouTube
Wendy McElroy: Feminist History Revisited
Connect with the Show
To connect with the show, send me an email.
If you’d like to be on the show, click here to use your phone or your computer.
If you want a FREE copy of my book Petty Little Tyrants, and Other Essays, go to LibertariansOnFire.com/book.
Most music on Libertarians On Fire is courtesy of Bill Palmer’s TV Killers. To hear more of Bill’s music, please visit his Bandcamp page.
Libertarians On Fire is covered by a BipCot No Government license. It can be reused by anyone except governments and government agents and employees.
Until next week, peace.
P.S. If you’d like to help ignite the fires of freedom, subscribe to the show so you can get new episodes delivered to you automatically every Friday morning! Click one of the buttons below to subscribe.