Nation-States – A Fundamental Flaw of Human Nature
What is it that gave rise to States?
How did the nation-state become the ubiquitous form that States took?
What is the fundamental flaw of human nature that leads to statism, and keeps it alive?
Join me and new co-host Frank Dobbs as we explore these fascinating questions, including:
- How did the earliest States develop?
- The “settled brigands” theory of States
- How disputes were settled before the advent of States
- The contest among the king, the church, the aristocracy and the towns: who won?
- The rise of bureaucracies and how they became more powerful than kings
- From monarchy to democracy: evolution or devolution?
- The immediate problem Ron Paul would have faced had he become president
- New segment: Ask a Libertarian – Do we need widespread mandatory vaccinations?
- Dead Libertarian of the Week – The late, great Harry Browne
- And much more!
Explore Martin van Crevel’s The Rise and Decline of the State
Read Hans Hermann Hoppe’s Democracy: The God That Failed
To connect with the show, send me an email.
If you’d like to be on the show, click here to use your phone or your computer.
If you want a FREE copy of my book Petty Little Tyrants, and Other Essays, go to LibertariansOnFire.com/book.
Most music on Libertarians On Fire is courtesy of Bill Palmer’s TV Killers. To hear more of Bill’s music, please visit his Bandcamp page.
Libertarians On Fire is covered by a BipCot No Goverment license. It can be reused by anyone except governments and government agents and employees.
Until next week, peace.
P.S. If you’d like to help ignite the fires of freedom, subscribe to the show so you can get new episodes delivered to you automatically every Friday morning! Click one of the buttons below to subscribe.