Libertarian Christians – Oxymoron or Perfect Fit? – LOF #18
Dr. Norman Horn, founder of Libertarian Christians Institute, joins me and co-host Jackson Trigg to explore the sometimes contentious and controversial subject of libertarian Christians.
Here’s some of what Norman, Jackson and I discuss:
- How the church I attended as a teenager used fear tactics and peer pressure to get people saved so they woudn’t have to spend eternal life burning in hell
- What is a Christian?
- Christian statists — from the left and the right — and why it’s not all their fault
- How the bible portrays the State
- Is Christian libertarianism more anarchist or minarchist?
- The hypocrisy of right-wing Christians who claim to be “pro-life” yet are also pro-war
- The libertarian Christian perspective on abortion
- The phony Republican solutions that right-wing Christians stubbornly and hopelessly cling to
- Different perspectives on the end times (do most Christians believe in the rapture?)
- Why Norman started Libertarian Christian Institute (and some exciting new developments with LCI)
- And much more!
Learn more about Libertarian Christian Institute
Contact Norman directly at LCI
Follow Norman on Twitter
Visit LCI’s Facebook page
Join over 8000 members at the LCI Christian libertarian discussion group
Connect with the Show
To connect with the show, send me an email.
If you’d like to be on the show, click here to use your phone or your computer.
If you want a FREE copy of my book Petty Little Tyrants, and Other Essays, go to LibertariansOnFire.com/book.
Most music on Libertarians On Fire is courtesy of Bill Palmer’s TV Killers. To hear more of Bill’s music, please visit his Bandcamp page.
Libertarians On Fire is covered by a BipCot No Government license. It can be reused by anyone except governments and government agents and employees.
Until next week, peace.
P.S. If you’d like to help ignite the fires of freedom, subscribe to the show so you can get new episodes delivered to you automatically every Friday morning! Click one of the buttons below to subscribe.